4.23.2009

cosmeticdatabase.com

I was introduced to this website by my cousin and I have been hooked on it. Environmental Working Group (EWG) is the company that runs the site and I am sure that most companies dislike their research which I can't say is legit but I believe it is. People think that just because a company labels a product as "natural" & "organic" that the product is good and safe to use. These are just words and anyone can advertise with them. I believe using local products with ingredients you can understand and that are simple. You can usually find these at your local health food store. My friends mom has a skincare line sold at Whole Foods Market and she is so passionate about natural ingredients and finding the best ingredients that are safe and all made by her. Not to say that I don't use products made in factories or with big names, I do. I have found that the only problem with not using a toxic product is that you end up using a product that is not as effective. For example, I use Proactiv and for some reason that product is not on EWG site but I am 99% sure that the ingredients are probably deadly. But the thing is, the products on the site for skin cleansers with low toxic levels suck and I will end up with a zit patches everywhere. 
Don't be fooled that just because 1 brand like Dove has a specific product that gets a low rating that all of Doves products are good. You will be surprised as to why I posted specific brand products in the pictures below. 
Here are SOME of my choices on low toxic level products according to EWG (the rest I have yet to find): 

I am satisified with this switch but word on the website is that Nuetrogena Sensitive Skin Sunscreen 60 SPF is a good one too. Sunscreens are so bad for you! Don't trust the big major names when it comes to sunscreens. 

I had to retire my Nars blush for Smashbox :( I like it but it doesn't work as well as powder however, you can use it as a lip and cheek 2-in-1



Yay, finally a product that I already use and you can get it at Costco in the double pack!


Cuticle cream is awesome for dry cuticles or dry patches on your skin! I take this everywhere. 
I love this eye makeup remover! I really don't wear a lot of eye makeup so this works best for me. I love that it is oil free I really hate that feeling on my skin with oil base ones. This ones cool because they are individual cloths, I bet that builds up pillows in the landfill. 

Trust me, you get used to the taste of this toothpaste and then you will never go back to Colgate! It makes bubbles unlike most natural toothpastes which leave you brushing to your saliva.  

I have yet to find shampoo, conditioner, face cleanser, or any other cosmetic products I use.  

No comments:

Post a Comment