1.04.2010

I'm getting older post.

It's funny how as children and teens when we are asked our age we add months to our years to appear older. I can remember when I was 20 I was kind of embarrassed to tell my age because I wanted to be older, I mean who really has any respect for a 20 year old? JK...

I thought that my five years in college was a waste of my time and if I thought a lot more practically I could have been in a better situation instead of feeling the regret I feel now. I have made the decision to go back to school a week ago and nothing feels more right. Sometimes we often look back and hate that we couldn't fix a bad decision but no decision is a bad one, it's just a little detour in our lives. It took me a few months of stress and painful sleepless nights to accept that where I am in life is exactly where I want to be and I have the chance to make things better before they can get worse.

When in doubt, sit down and ask yourself, "what do I have to lose?" Although age can seem like a ticking bomb especially when you're constantly seeing past friends "ahead of you" and getting everything you may want, you just have to know that there's something out there for you. It's really about relying on your own judgment and having faith in yourself -- And that's how you know you're getting older.

No comments:

Post a Comment