3.18.2009

King of Thai #1



Of all the foods in the city, noodle soup gets me every time. I am constantly craving noodle soup and best of all, its cheap. I don't usually eat at chain restaurants but King of Thai #1 on Clement street has a pretty good consistency of good Thai food. I have eaten at the other KOT's and they can be comparable but some of them are just not good. And please do not get it confused with Best of Thai on Haight, that place is not good. KOT #1 serves a tasty hot soup like pho but thai style. I wish they served it with tripe though! 
It is hard to find a good Som Tum (papya salad) anywhere! I have to say, the Som Tum at KOT is always consistent. If you like it spicy like I do, make sure to request it very very spicy! We ordered 2 soups and the salad all for $23. Plus, the service is fast! 

1 comment:

  1. YUM! i love papaya salad! except when its overwhelmingly spicy

    ReplyDelete